“Glee” actress and 18-year-old Filipina pop star Charice has one extra-special talent: impersonating Beyoncé. “Halo” is one of her signature covers, but she got a ton of attention for performing B’s “Dreamgirls” epic “Listen” on her debut episode of “Glee” earlier this season.
While Charice’s “Listen” is technically near-perfect, someone else from the Philippines is grabbing the spotlight today with another version of the tune. A young man auditioning for the country’s version of “Idol” did such a shockingly accurate replication of the song, he had spectators baffled. He even added a bit of theatricality we’re sure Beyoncé herself would enjoy, dropping to the floor and singing on his back from the 1:35 mark to the song’s dramatic conclusion. Technically, he hit a few clunkers, but he still fared better than most of the singers who took the stage at the American Music Awards.
Check out Charice’s version of “Listen” and Sasha Fierce‘s original:
source: Yahoo Music
- Charice is Returning to ‘Glee.’ Find Out When You’ll See Sunshine Next (jsyk.com)
- New Details On Charice’s Return To Glee! (perezhilton.com)
- Why Charice is Not That Popular in The Philippines? (socyberty.com)
- Charice Pempengco: Glee Actress (Videos) (rightcelebrity.com)
- Putting Beyonce To Shame! (perezhilton.com)