The music group that defines pop culture, The Black Eyed Peas was just announced as the half time show for this years Super Bowl in Dallas.
They have not announced songs they are going to perform, but I’m sure “I Gotta Feeling” will be an exciting performance.
After months of speculation, the Black Eyed Peas have been officially confirmed as the musical entertainment of the Super Bowl XLV halftime show. The NFL announced today (Nov. 25) that the Peas will rock the Bridgestone-sponsored show from Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas on Feb. 6, 2011.
The group’s performance follows the Who‘s set at last February’s Super Bowl halftime show. Black Eyed Peas frontman Will.i.am told Billboard.com last week that the group would be honored to join past Super Bowl performers like Prince, U2 and the Rolling Stones if they were tapped to play the halftime show next February.
“Alongside those cats, it’s like, ‘Wow, we’re in that company?! Oh, man…'” he said. “When those cats played the Super Bowl, their songs weren’t on the Top 40 at that time. So it’s like, wow, our songs are on the radio, and we’re in that company. That’s a sign that tells us where we can go with our career.”
The announcement precedes the release of the Black Eyed Peas’ new album, “The Beginning,” next Tuesday (Nov. 30). The eye-popping music video for first single “The Time (Dirty Bit),” which debuted at No. 12 on the Hot 100 last week, was released on Tuesday.
- Black Eyed Peas to entertain during Super Bowl halftime show (hollywoodnews.com)
- The Black Eyed Peas to Perform During Super Bowl Halftime Show (seattlepi.com)
- Black Eyed Peas to Perform at Super Bowl XLV Halftime Show (omg.yahoo.com)
- The Black Eyed Peas to Perform February 6 During the Bridgestone Super Bowl XLV Halftime Show on Fox (prnewswire.com)
- Black Eyed Peas to Play Super Bowl XLV Halftime Show (blippitt.com)