I always advise people when they go to a great event, like Naughty Gras, book your hotel room early. That got me thinking, what are the nastiest, dirtiest hotels out there? Then I got this email of the Top 10 Dirtiest Hotels in the US.
Unfortunately, NorCal made the list.
The dirtiest hotel, according to TripAdvisor posters: Grand Resort Hotel & Convention Center in Pigeon Forge, Tenn., in the Smoky Mountains. The area is home to Dolly Parton’s theme parks and popular outlet shopping.
TripAdvisor says 87 percent of reviewers do not recommend Grand Resort. The headlines on travelers’ most recent reviews for the hotel, all posted this month: “Health inspector please,” “Stay anywhere else but here” and “Yuck, run for your life!”
“This is a nasty place, would not let my dog sleep there,” said the reviewer calling for a health inspector.
The rest of the top 10:
– Jack London Inn, Oakland, Calif.
– Desert Inn Resort, Daytona Beach, Fla.
– Hotel Carter, New York City.
– Polynesian Beach & Golf Resort, Myrtle Beach, S.C.
– Atlantic Beach Hotel, Miami Beach.
– Rodeway Inn, Williamsville, N.Y.
– Super 8 Estes Park, Colo.
– Palm Grove Hotel and Suites, Virginia Beach, Va.
– Econo Lodge Newark International Airport in Elizabeth, N.J.